Try my amazing vanilla french bread with mixed fruit topping. A healthy way to start to the day. By Julie Ann
40ml semi skimmed milk
pinch of ground cinnamon
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2 slices of your favourite healthy bread (about 30g each) – preferably one day old
1 tsp oil
½ banana, sliced,
40g blueberries (half a handful)
40g mango (half a handful)
40g strawberries (half a handful)
1 tsp maple syrup or honey to serve (optional)
- Beat together the egg, milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Dunk the bread into the egg mixture for a minute or so
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat, then then transfer the bread to the pan.
- Fry for a couple of minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve topped with banana slices, blueberries, mango,strawberries and, if you want, a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.
Portions to record in your food diary
- Carbs: 2 portions
- Fruit and veg: 2 portions
- Protein: 1/2 portion
- Fats and oils: 1 portion
- Added sugar (if adding maple syrup or honey): 1/2 portion